Elmhurst Park District News
While our traditional summer programs have been cancelled this summer, that does not mean we do not have plans for fun!
Registration is open now through July 6 and is FREE through www.ggleagues.com.
Play starts at 7 p.m. on July 15 for 3v3 League and 7 p.m. on July 14 for 1v1 League. Playoffs are scheduled for August 19.
June 25 Update - Phase 4: Revitalization
As always, the health, safety, and well-being of the community is our priority, and the District continues to provide access to parks and facilities according to the State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan and the Governor’s Stay at Home Orders. Throughout the quarantine, District parks and trails remained open so that people could enjoy the mental and physical health benefits these spaces provide. During Phase 3 of the Plan, the District was able to reopen tennis courts and offer outdoor fitness classes at Courts Plus and Day Camp 2020.
As our region moves to Phase 4: Revitalization on Friday, June 26 under the Restore Illinois Plan, we are excited to announce a number of other openings throughout the District.
Friday, June 26
- Sand volleyball, roller hockey, and futsal courts will reopen.
- Basketball courts will begin to reopen on Friday, and staff anticipates that all hoops will be back up by Friday, July 3.
- Wilder Park Conservatory will reopen with restrictions such as one group in at a time.
- The Park District Administrative Office at 375 W. First St. will reopen.
Saturday, July 4
- The batting cages and miniature golf will reopen at The Hub along with limited concession items. To celebrate the reopening, both will be free on July 4th!
Other Phase 4 Updates
- Courts Plus staff is putting together a reopening plan and will be communicating more details with members in the coming days. The tentative reopening date is targeted for early July as staff can now prepare the facility for the modifications required for social distancing and occupancy limits, in addition to recalling staff from furlough and conducting in-depth training regarding the stringent cleaning and disinfection guidelines put in place for Phase 4. Information will soon be posted to the website at courtsplus.com, on the Courts Plus Facebook page and via Constant Contact directly to members. We appreciate your patience as we navigate the new restrictions and prepare for a safe reopening.
- Wilder Mansion will reopen with strict guidelines. Additional details will be released soon.
- Movie in the Park will be held on Friday, July 10 in Wilder Park with a showing of The Secret Life of Pets 2 in partnership with the Elmhurst Public Library. Due to capacity limits, reservations will be required. More details will be posted at epd.org and on the District’s Facebook page in the coming days.
- Picnic shelters will open and permit requests will be accepted for rentals up to 50 people. Groups above that size will not be considered based on Phase 4 guidelines.
Other items to note
- Playgrounds and water fountains will remain closed per the Governor’s Executive Order, however, staff will continue to await guidance on when they will reopen and communicate that to residents.
- Staff is awaiting guidance on the sprayground at The Hub and is hopeful to reopen later in Phase 4.
The Park District continues to review guidelines to determine the best way to safely serve the community while fulfilling our mission of Enriching lives while having fun! We look forward to seeing you once again at the courts, fields, playgrounds and programs.
The Elmhurst Park District looks forward to continuing to reopen and fulfill its mission of Enriching lives while having fun!
In accordance with the State of Illinois’ Restore Illinois Plan, staff continues to plan for the return of programming and reopening of facilities as detailed in Phase 3-Recovery, which is set to begin Friday, May 29. We continue to monitor the progress as we move through these phases, and we are prepared to adjust our plan as we get closer to Phase 4-Revitalization.
With more than 25 outdoor tennis courts, and Courts Plus earning the United States Tenn
Art classes are being offered online by Marie Strauch. There is a small fee for each class of just $8.
AARP is now offering free online options for tax preparation. All in-person classes and tax preparation services have been suspended indefinitely during the COVID-19 crisis.
As you’re aware, the stay-at-home order has been extended through the end of May.
Join our virtual Earth Day Contest & Celebration this week and you'll have a chance to win a $50 gift card to a local restaurant!
"On Call Hero" Blood Drives Sponsored by Elmhurst Community
"On Call Hero" Blood Drives Sponsored by Elmhurst Community
For the most up to date information please see our COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions page.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Governor’s extension of the stay-at-home order through April 30, the Elmhurst Park District is rescheduling or canceling a number of events. Refunds will be issued to participants for canceled events that required advanced registration. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any further program or event cancellations to participants.
Here is the current status of upcoming events:
- Abbey Bingo (May 1) - CANCELED
- Art in Wilder Park (May 2-3) – CANCELED
- Spring Music Recital (May 17) - CANCELED
- Country & Western Luncheon (May 22) - CANCELED
- Senior Health & Fitness Day (May 27) - CANCELED
- Party in the Park (May 29) – CANCELED
- Annual Dance Recital (May 31) - CANCELED
Please check our website for event updates and other information about Elmhurst Park District programs and facilities during this current closure.
The Elmhurst Park District is committed to ensuring the health and safety of patrons and staff.
Non-resident registration for gymnastics programs featured in the Spring 2020 Brochure opens today at 8 am.
Event Update - Based on the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and recommendations from public health officials to limit public gatherings, the Elmhurst Park District is canceling all program
Mark your calendar with our upcoming registration dates:
Saturday, February 22 at 8 a.m.: Resident Registration for spring gymnastics, summer gymnastics camps, golf camps, aquatics programs and swim camps
Saturday, February 29 at 8 a.m.: Resident General Registration for all spring programs and all other summer camps, including Funseekers, Dance Camps, Early Childhood Camps, Theatre Camps and Ultimate Sports Camp. Also, registration for Courts Plus Members, including Courts Plus Summer Camps
Monday, March 2 at 8 a.m.: Non-Resident Gymnastics Registration
Monday, March 9 at 8 a.m.: Non-Resident Registration for all programs
The Elmhurst Park District has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA
The Elmhurst Park District puts on a number of free community events every year, and we’d love to get your feedback on what’s working, how we can continue to improve, and get ideas for future event
Plans are coming together for the redevelopment of Eldridge Park’s east playground, which Elmhurst Park District intends to replace in 2020.
We're celebrating our 100th anniversary in 2020 and you're invited to join in the fun!
Elmhurst Park District’s Impact Dance Company attended the IRCA (Illinois Recreational Cheerleading Association) Cheer and Dance State Championship December 6-8 at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman
$30 days for $39!
At the November 25, 2019 meeting of the Elmhurst Park District Board of Park Commissioners, the Board heard results of a voter survey conducted by aQity Research & Insights regarding the Distri