Elmhurst Park District has compiled a list of phone numbers, websites & emails that may be useful for seniors & caregivers during the shelter at home order. This list includes information on everything from volunteers who might be able to shop for you, to who to call if you just want to have a friendly conversation, to counseling services for caregivers and families.
Resources to Seniors While Sheltering in Place
- Friendship Line: (Resource for seniors to call if wanting to talk to someone)
- Shopping Angels: (Shopping service for seniors)
- DuPage County Community Services: (630) 407-6500 option 2 for Senior Services
- Age Guide Website: Resources to help older adults and their loved ones stay informed, healthy and connected. Additional resources to support older adults and families during COVID-19 available on the website, updated regularly.
Resources to Support Caregivers While Sheltering in Place
There are organizations that offer valuable resources for those who are caring for an adult 60+ and for those with Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder. These resources include respite services, financial assistance, legal services, Caregiver Counseling Centers, training and education and support groups. There is a Caregiver Resource Center in each county to help you access the services you need.
- DuPage County Community Service (Caregiver Resource Center): Caregiver Resource Centers give you information about available services. The Centers assess your situation and help connect you to programs to assist you.
- (800) 942-9414 or (630) 407-6500
- email: seniorsvcsdupageco [dot] org
- Metropolitan Family Services DuPage (Caregiver Counseling Center): Caregiver Counseling Centers help to coach/counsel you through troubling times, such as how to bring the family together or to help an older adult accept needed services.
- (630) 784-4800
- Metropolitan Family Services support groups being conducted by video and teleconference.