Reconnect with nature and explore local trails while meeting new people at Elmhurst Park District’s Park Meet Ups scheduled for September and October.
Each week, we’ll meet at a new park to go for a walk as part of the Take a Hike Challenge. Bring a lunch if you’re interested in sticking around after the walk. Walks are self guided and go at your own pace.
Dates (all times are Noon)
- September 13 – Wilder Park (asphalt paved)
- September 20 – Berens Park (asphalt paved)
- September 27 – Butterfield Park (asphalt paved)
- October 4 – Salt Creek Greenway Trail via Eldridge (paved, minus one mulch section between Madison St and Rex Blvd). Head north on Salt Creek Greenway Trail from east side of Eldridge Park.
- October 11 – Illinois Prairie Path (limestone screenings). Park in municipal lot at York & Valette.
For eight weeks, from September 1 to October 27, rediscover the healthy benefits of being active and spending time outdoors with Edward-Elmhurst Health's Take a Hike Challenge!
Edward-Elmhurst Health has partnered with local community sponsors, including Elmhurst Park District, to bring you hiking insights, special programming and ideas each week.