Day Camp 2020
Welcome to Day Camp 2020
The 'traditional' Funseekers and Courts Plus Summer Camps that many children have enjoyed through the Elmhurst Park District will not be offered this summer. Day Camp 2020 is our alternate summer program that will exist within the guidelines of Phase 3: Recovery.
The Wagner Community Center location will be a two week session camp and our Eldridge Park location will be an eight week session camp for those who truly need an eight week camp. Our camp will include many of the features you love from our camps, including well-planned activities led by our experienced and enthusiastic staff. There will be no field trips or pool trips during our camps, but we will strive to create a fun, interactive experience for our campers!
Under Phase 3, summer programs can open in the following manner:
- Using approved Illinois Department of Health safety guidelines
- Groups of 10 or fewer
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Due to preparations and staff training, the earliest start date for Day Camp 2020 is June 22.
Day Camp 2020 will be held outdoors as much as possible. With no field trips, camp activities will include games with physical distancing, arts and crafts, exercise, brain games and more. Masks and hand sanitizer will be incorporated into the day as recommended by the IDPH.
Camp Sessions & Locations
- Ages: 6.5-10 (as of June 1)
- Fee: $430 for residents/$516 for non-residents per two week session.
- Drop off time is 8-9 a.m. We will not accept campers after 9 a.m. Pick up time is 3-4 p.m., early pick-up is not allowed. No before or after care will be available.
- The deadline for camp registration, withdrawals and changes is 9 a.m. on Monday the week before each two week session begins.
- No camp July 3.
- The Eldridge Park eight-week session is for those families who truly need eight weeks of camp. Please register for that location and session only if you expect to participate in the full eight week camp.
Campers: What to Bring
- Face Covering: All campers will be required to bring and wear a face covering when social distancing measures cannot be obtained. Participants will be expected to come to camp with a face covering on. Face coverings will need to remain on when inside the building and outdoors only when unable to maintain social distancing.
- Bin or Laundry Basket: This will be used for campers to keep ALL their belongings in while at camp. All bins/baskets should be plastic.
- Lunch: Should be fully disposable.
- Snack: Should be fully disposable.
- Water Bottles: Campers should bring enough water to last them for the entire day. According to the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health campers will not be able to refill their water bottles and/or drink from a water fountain.
- Beach towel or blanket: For campers to sit on while outside.
- Sunscreen: Campers are responsible for applying their own sunscreen at designated times throughout the day.
- Backpack (optional): May be brought if your child needs to store extra clothes, books or other personal items.
**CAMPERS NEED TO BRING ALL THEIR BELONGINGS HOME AT THE END OF EACH DAY**
Please login to your Elmhurst Park District account prior to registering. If you do not remember your password, click “forgot password” to create a new one. Cut off day to register for Session 1 is Tuesday, June 16 at 9 a.m.
- June 8: Priority resident registration for current camp registrants
- June 10: Non-resident registration for current camp registrants
- June 12: Resident registration for "new" campers
- June 15: Open registration