The Elmhurst Park District is committed to ensuring the health and safety of patrons and staff. We have taken steps to help control the spread of the COVID-19 (commonly known as coronavirus) as well as other known viruses such as the flu and common cold. All District facilities are being regularly disinfected, which includes disinfecting doorknobs, handrails and grab rails. When possible, hand sanitizer will be placed throughout District facilities.
The most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic health best practices including:
• Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
• Wash hands often especially before eating and after contact with public surfaces. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects including counters, desks, and cell phones.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home if you’re sick and avoid contact with other people until they are well.
• See your doctor if you have a fever, cough, body aches and fatigue.
The District will continue to monitor information from the CDC and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and staff have modified procedures accordingly. The District is asking you to do your part to contain the spread of infectious diseases by staying home or keeping your child home from Park District programs and facilities if you are experiencing flu symptoms or if you are not feeling well. If you or a member of your family contracts COVID-19, please contact Division Manager of HR and Risk, Julie Bruns, at 630-993-8918.