Our traditional summer Dance Camps are cancelled this summer due to COVID-19. During Phase 4 we are excited to offer Dance Camp 2020 beginning July 13!
Welcome to Dance Camp 2020
Dance Camp 2020 will emphasize skill development, dance technique, choreography and fun! Throughout each week, dancers will work on ballet, tap and hip hop. Please read the Parent Handbook, we will be strictly adhering to the Illinois Department of Health safety guidelines. Masks and hand sanitizer will be incorporated into the day as recommended by the IDPH. Elmhurst Park District will do our best to create environments where children are free to play and enjoy the summer without using a face covering, but there will be times when it is required.
- Ages: 6.5-10 (as of June 1)
- Fee: $90 for residents/$108 for non-residents per two week session.
- Location: Wagner Community Center
- Campers must be signed in and out by an adult.
- Morning sign in begins at 9:15 a.m. Camp will start promptly at 9:45 a.m. We will not accept a camper after 9:45 a.m.
- The deadline for camp registration, withdrawals and changes is 9 a.m. on Monday the week before each two week session begins.
Campers: What to Bring
- Face Covering: All campers will be required to bring and wear a face covering when social distancing measures cannot be obtained. Participants will be expected to come to camp with a mask.
- Bag: All campers should have a bag that is clearly labeled with their name.
- Water bottles: All water bottles should be reusable and clearly labeled with camper's name.
- Water: Campers should bring plenty of water - water fountains will not be available.
- Girls: Pink leather ballet shoes, black tap shoes and clean sneakers.
- Boys: Black leather ballet shoes, black tap shoes and clean sneakers.
- No street worn shoes may be worn in the studio.
Please login to your Elmhurst Park District account prior to registering. If you do not remember your password, click “forgot password” to create a new one.
- June 30 at 8 a.m.: Resident registration
- July 2 at 8 a.m.: Non-resident registration
General Program Information
Welcome to the Elmhurst Park District Dance Program! Dance enriches participants' lives in so many ways; it can instill confidence, improve flexibility and balance, develop rhythm, create a sense of freedom to express one's self, provide an outlet for socialization, enhance memorization skills and so much more. The Elmhurst Park District is proud to offer wonderful opportunities for self-expression through dance.
The Elmhurst Park District hosts a variety of dance classes for children ages 18 months to adult, from tap to hip hop to ballet – and more. Classes are held at the Wagner Community Center, 615 N. West Avenue.
More information on class attire, important dates and instructor information are listed in our dance handbooks, which are available to download from the right column of this page.
Early Childhood Dance Programs
Designed specifically for ages 18 months-6 years, these non-recital programs are a great introduction into the wonderful world of dance. Several classes are offered and each class is designed to teach students the fundamentals of dance such as rhythm, coordination, flexibility, balance and self-confidence. Dancers will learn basic dance terminology as well as simple combinations to familiar songs. With the exception of “Me & My Shadow," parents will be asked to wait in the lounge while classes take place. Each session will conclude with a class observation day.
Youth Performance Dance Programs
Our Youth Performance Dance classes run from September through May, with options for ages 4-18. The Youth Performance program is designed for the dancer who would like training in both technique and performance, showcasing their achievements at our annual dance recital in May. Dancers have the opportunity to build on rhythm, flexibility and coordination skills, as well as explore dance technique among like-minded peers.
Adult Dance Programs
Adult classes are a great form of exercise, providing participants an opportunity to relieve stress while having fun and learning a new activity or perfecting their dance form. Throughout the year, various adult dance classes are offered such as Belly Dance, Tap, and Jazz.
Elmhurst Park District Impact Dance Company
The Elmhurst Park District Impact Dance Company offers the serious, talented and dedicated student the opportunity to further their training with performance. Designed for the dancer who has a desire to grow and perform, the Company is a fun, educational and creative experience with the focus not on learning a dance, but learning how to dance. Our choreographers will challenge company members, as we are most interested in the growth and development of each student. We understand that every dancer has different strengths and weaknesses, and we try to showcase everyone in our choreography.
For additional information, please email the ssmentek [at] epd.org (Dance Program Manager) or call (630) 993-8670.