Region 8 moves to Tier 2 of resurgence mitigations
It was announced yesterday that Region 8, which includes the Elmhurst Park District, can move to Tier 2 effective immediately. Here are the changes that will take place with Tier 2.
- Wilder Park Conservatory is once again open but limited to one group at a time.
- Courts Plus will expand facility hours beginning Wednesday, January 20. Based on Tier 2 guidelines, reservations will no longer be required for members to work out on the Fitness Floor. Rather, a 50% capacity limit will be enforced on the Fitness Floor (45 people). Please note that you may need to wait if the maximum capacity has been met. Pool lap lane reservations will still be required. Indoor group exercise classes resume January 25. Masks are still required at all times. For more updates please click here.
- Indoor recreational classes can resume with groups no larger than 10 people. Participants will be contacted with specific program updates.
- Rentals can resume with restrictions. Please contact staff for more information.
- Sports groups, whether indoors or outdoors, are limited to 10 or fewer. Overall capacity is limited to the lesser of 25 guests or 25% of overall room capacity both indoors and outdoors. There may be multiple groups of 10 as long as they are at least 30 feet apart. Groups may not comingle, interchange or interact with one another.
The Illinois Department of Public Health will continue to track the positivity rate in our region and updates concerning the Park District will be posted to epd.org.
Follow the latest regional metrics at: https://dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics.
As always, wash your hands, wear your mask, and watch your distance. Covered faces equal open places!