State of Illinois moves to Tier 3 of Resurgence Mitigations
On Tuesday, November 17, Governor J.B. Pritzker announced that the State of Illinois will move to Tier 3 of resurgence mitigations beginning Friday, November 20 at 12:01 am. This change will have a significant impact on park district services and programs.
- Courts Plus will be limited to 25% of capacity with only the fitness floor and lap pool available for use.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, including while engaged in individual exercise.
- Reservations are required.
- Locker rooms will be closed.
- No indoor group classes will be allowed, including tennis.
- Additional details will be sent directly to Courts Plus members and posted to courtsplus.com.
Organized group recreational activities
- Indoor group activities will be paused, however, there will be some exceptions. Participants will be contacted with a status update.
- Outdoor sports and recreation is allowed, however groups are limited to 10 persons or less with social distancing and face coverings are required at all times.
Parks & Outdoor activities
- Outdoor group activities are limited to 10 persons or less.
- Participants and guests must wear face coverings at all times.
- Parks and playgrounds will remain open at this time.
- Tennis, roller hockey, and pickle ball nets will remain up.
Wilder Park Conservatory
- The Conservatory will be closed.
Meetings, events and gatherings
- Banquet centers, including Wilder Mansion and Sugar Creek Golf Course, may not host gatherings during Tier 3.
Participants will be refunded or credited for any cancelled programs, rentals, and events. We will continue to post updates at https://www.epd.org/news/covid-19.