Elmhurst Park District staff is currently working on the Winter Brochure and planning out Winter Registration. In an effort to reduce the burden on the District’s registration software, staff will be implementing the following schedule (all times are 8 am):
- Gymnastics registration: Saturday, December 3
- Courts Plus registration: Saturday, December 10
- General resident registration: Saturday, December 17
- Non-resident registration: Tuesday, December 20
The Park District has made addressing its registration software issues a top priority and is currently engaged in selecting a new software vendor. However, the timeline of fully switching to a new software can take up to 18 months, so staff wants to ensure upcoming registration events go smoothly. Please follow our tips below for a positive experience.
Single Household Login
You may see this prompt if you attempt to login using your Household account, multiple times. As a reminder, logging into your account from multiple devices and/or browsers at the same time will cause your session to be dropped and all items in your cart to be removed.
Make sure to login prior to the 8 a.m. registration time. If you arrive early, you will receive a random spot in the virtual waiting room line when the registration event begins. If you arrive at the site after registration begins, you will receive the next available spot in line.
Ensure your account is up-to-date
Prior to registration ensure your EPD account is ready to go.
- Verify or set-up login information on our registration page, including username and password.
- Once logged in - update or set-up your household account, including contact information, household members, address and residency status.
- Make sure any household members who will be making reservations or attending programs are already listed on the household account, such as children or spouses.
- Use our Registration Contact Form to contact us for assistance with locked accounts, adding household family members/birthdates and address changes or to provide “proof of residency”.
The Park District also recommends downloading the Virtual Waiting Room FAQ to familiarize yourself with this feature, which will kick-in if user volume exceeds the software’s capability.