2009 Elmhurst Park District Environmental Accomplishments
- Recognized by Clean Air Counts program for reducing smog forming emissions by 2,233 lbs. as a result of the implementation and expansion of native landscaping in Eldridge Park.
- Created a recycling mascot to educate the community on recycling in Elmhurst’s parks.
- Completed lighting audit at Wagner Community Center.
- Incorporated environmental policy training into full- and part-time employee orientation program.
- Compiled list to assess which environmentally safe products are already in use, and began researching which eco-friendly products are available and economically feasible to purchase.
- Created and implemented an employee green suggestion program; a total of ten suggestions have been received, of which four have been implemented.