East End Pool is scheduled to open Saturday, June 12. Due to the pandemic, the pools will be open with modifications per guidelines set by Illinois Department of Health. Key changes include:
What to Expect
- East End Pool will require advanced reservations for time slots through our online registration system for everyone ages 2 and over.
- The Illinois Department of Public Health is requiring patrons be screened before entering. During check-in, staff will ask about COVID related symptoms/exposures and take a non-contact temperature. Any patron answering yes to a question, or registering a temperature higher than 100.4 will be denied entrance. This information will NOT be recorded.
- Face coverings will be required when not engaged in swimming activities (per IDPH guidelines).
- All patrons will be required to maintain social distance guidelines in and out of the water; remaining at least 6 feet from another person that does not live in the same household.
- Everyone under the age of 12 years, MUST be accompanied by an adult, 16 years of age or older.
- We recommend patrons come to the facility showered and already in their bathing suits.
- Locker storage will not be available.
- Pool furniture, including all chairs, will not be available. Any patrons wishing to have a chair can bring a portable folding chair with them.
- Concessions operations will remain closed.
- Per the DuPage County Health Department, public water fountains will be unavailable, please bring a non-glass bottle of water to remain hydrated.
Time Slot Reservation
- Residents can reserve a time slot five days in advance. Non-residents can make reservations three days in advance. Online registration will end one hour before each session. If there are any available spots left, they will be first come, first serve at the door. You must have a household account in our online registration system to register. Accounts can be created online here.
- Individuals are limited to no more than one morning session at East End Pool plus one open swim session per day at either East End or Smalley Pools.
- The number of reservations allowed will depend on capacity limits required by Restore Illinois and Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation by contacting registrationepd [dot] org. A credit to your Elmhurst Park District account will be issued. Please expect up to 48 business hours for a response.
Morning Swim Reservations
- Hours: 5:30-9:30 a.m.
- Fee: $5R/$25NR
- Reserve one hour time block
- Ages 16 years and up. This time is primarily for exercise only.
- Diving boards and slide will not be available.
- 8 lap lanes available per time block; 1 swimmer per lane.
- All swimmers must bring their own equipment. Kickboards, pull buoys, barbells, etc. will not be available for public use this year.
Open Swim Afternoon Reservations
- Hours: Noon-2 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m. and 5-7 p.m.
- Fee: $10R/$25NR
- When reserving time, you will have a choice of day, time, and pool section (see sections in map). You must remain in your pool section for the entire time. Co-mingling or switching sections is not allowed. Each pool section will have its own entrance and exit (see stars on the map). Upon checking in, you will be given a color coded wristband that corresponds with your pool section.
- View map of East End Pool, including Pool Sections
- Section A - Tot Pool (Recommended for ages 0-5)
- Section B - Activity Pool
- Section C - Deep Well Pool (Slide and diving board will not be open)
- Section D - Lap Pool (No lap lanes during open swim and no flotation devices permitted)
Frequently Asked Questions
General Pool Rules and Information
The District's lifeguard staff is trained under the Starguard Elite Lifeguard Program. The guard staff must complete and pass a 25-hour training program which includes lifeguard rescue skills, emergency procedures and community CPR. The guards must also attend weekly in-service training sessions and participate in surprise simulations. Throughout the season, auditors from Starguard Elite conduct three unannounced visits to audit staff performance. View the Pool Rules.
Elmhurst Park District reserves the right to cancel or close due to mechanical problems, low attendance, or negative weather issues:
- Any situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of patrons in attendance.
- The air temperature drops below 65 degrees.
- If lightning and/or thunder is in the area, the pool deck will be cleared and will not reopen until no lighting or thunder has been present for 30 minutes. If conditions force two consecutive 30 minute closures, or an all clear has not been given for ninety minutes, the facility will be closed.
If the facility is required to close, staff will update the Rainout Line.