Norman P. Smalley Pool
Staff plans to reopen Smalley Pool in 2021. Learn more here.
Norman P. Smalley Pool, located in York Commons Park, offers seasonal aquatic opportunities.
The District's lifeguard staff is trained under the Starguard Elite Lifeguard Program. The guard staff must complete and pass a 25-hour training program which includes lifeguard rescue skills, emergency procedures and community CPR. The guards must also attend weekly in-service training sessions and participate in surprise simulations. Throughout the season, auditors from Starguard Elite conduct three unannounced visits to audit staff performance.
Norman P. Smalley Pool Features
- Zero depth pool to 12 feet
- Children's spray area includes: one Raindrop water feature, one Umbrella Jet water feature, two Pools & Falls water feature, Whale and Frog water feature, five Geysers water feature
- One water slide
- One 1-meter diving board
- Concessions and vending area
- Eating areas
- Family change area
- Locker rooms with showers
- Lounge chair areas
- Party area
Elmhurst Park District reserves the right to cancel or close due to mechanical problems, low attendance, or negative weather issues:
- Any situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of patrons in attendance.
- The air temperature drops below 65 degrees.
- If lightning and/or thunder is in the area, the pool deck will be cleared and will not reopen until no lighting or thunder has been present for 30 minutes. If conditions force two consecutive 30 minute closures, or an all clear has not been given for ninety minutes, the facility will be closed.
If the facility is required to close, staff will update the Rainout Line.