The Skate Park is open! The public is required to abide by social distancing and sanitation guidelines and take all necessary precautions while visiting.
The Skate Park located in York Commons Park, features a variety of obstacles to challenge both beginners and experts alike and is open year-round from sunrise to sunset - weather permitting. Features include:
- Ten Ramps
- Two Rails
- Half Pipe
- Skate Bench
Skate Park Rules
The Skate Park is unsupervised and skaters skate at their own risk. Skating is a high risk activity and can result in severe injury.
- All skaters are required to wear the following safety equipment at all times: helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards.
- Bikers are required to wear all of the above except wrist guards.
- Use of facility is prohibited after 11:00 p.m.
- Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Food, drink, and gum must be consumed outside of the Skate Park.
- Drugs and alcohol are prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed at any time.
- Appropriate language and behavior are required at all times (i.e. be courteous to others; no swearing or fighting).
- No tagging, graffiti, or stickers are allowed.
- Skating in wet conditions is prohibited.
- Observe skate etiquette to keep this a safe program for all.
- Broken equipment or unsafe conditions should be reported to the Park District Administrative Office at 375 W. First Street, or call (630) 993-8900.
- The Skate Park was built for the enjoyment of the community. Please respect and follow the rules for your safety and the safety of others. Keep the park safe; it belongs to you!