7 ways to practice social distancing on a picture-perfect day
After weeks of quarantine, people are starting to feel cooped up and stir crazy. So when the weather warms up and the sun comes out, so do the swarms of people anxious to stretch their legs. It’s difficult for Park District staff to direct people away from parks when that’s one of our primary functions. However, the health and safety of our residents is our number one concern during these unprecedented times.
It’s incredibly important to remember that we all must work together to be part of the solution to this pandemic. There is no acceptable explanation or behavior for disregarding these efforts. As a reminder, playgrounds remain closed and are roped off with caution tape, rims have been removed from basketball courts, tennis courts and the skate park are locked, and soccer and lacrosse goals have been removed from athletic fields.
We look forward to returning to a “new normal” when we’re able, but in the meantime, we wanted to provide some fun and safe alternatives to getting out there to enjoy this beautiful weather!
1. Do a nature scavenger hunt in your neighborhood
2. Create a backyard obstacle course
3. Discover a new trail
4. Create a chalk challenge course
5. Get back to old school – Pull out your ball and mitt, jump ropes, hula hoops, and bubbles and have some good old fashioned fun
6. Do a picnic lunch in your backyard
7. Play bags if you own a set
Feel free to share other ways that you and your family are enjoying the outdoors safely!