- State and city laws apply in the parks.
- Parks open at Sunrise and close at Sunset. Athletic fields and facilities with general purpose lighting close at 11:00 p.m.
- Weapons of all types are prohibited on park property.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any park area or facility.
- Drive and park in designated areas only.
- A 10 m.p.h. speed limit is enforced on park roads.
- Cooking fires are restricted to picnic grills.
- Pets must be leashed. Leashes must be no longer than six feet.
- Pet owners are required to carry and use removal devices for pet excrement.
- Golfing is prohibited in the parks (For golf, see Sugar Creek Golf Course)
A full version of our park rules and regulations is available in PDF format: Park and Facility Use Ordinance (O-14-15).
Rules and regulations specific to our picnic areas can be viewed on our Picnic Page.
Protection of the parks is provided by the Elmhurst Police Department. Park users who note problems or suspicious activities are asked to call the Department at 911. Thank you for your cooperation.