Safety Town is an educational facility used to provide preschool age children with an early safety education. Complete with a miniature Elmhurst community, children are able to explore safety concerns in a familiar environment. Safety Town is home to many Park District recreation programs including Safety Town Open Road and Safety Town Camp.
Safety Town Open Road
Practice being a pedestrian on the sidewalks, use road safety while you ride your tricycle on the streets, and learn about railroad safety near the fully operational crossing gate.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- Participants must wear a helmet at all times.
- Tricycles are available to use at no cost or you may bring your own.
- Bicycles, bicycles with training wheels, roller blades, shoes with skates and skateboards are not permitted.
- Questions? Email the Program Supervisor.