Reconnect with nature and explore local trails while meeting new people at Elmhurst Park District’s Park Meet Ups scheduled for September and October.
Each week, we’ll meet at a new park to go for a walk as part of the Take a Hike Challenge. Bring a lunch if you’re interested in sticking around after the walk. Walks are self guided and go at your own pace, making these walks perfect for all ages and abilities.
Dates (all times are Noon)
- September 6 – Kick off at Eldridge Park and walk around Eldridge path (asphalt paved)
- September 13 – Wilder Park (asphalt paved)
- September 20 – Berens Park (asphalt paved)
- September 27 – Butterfield Park (asphalt paved)
- October 4 – Salt Creek Greenway Trail via Eldridge (paved, minus one mulch section between Madison St and Rex Blvd). Head north on Salt Creek Greenway Trail from east side of Eldridge Park.
- October 11 – Illinois Prairie Path (limestone screenings). Park in municipal lot at York & Valette.
For eight weeks, from September 1 to October 27, rediscover the healthy benefits of being active and spending time outdoors with Edward-Elmhurst Health's Take a Hike Challenge!
Edward-Elmhurst Health has partnered with local community sponsors, including Elmhurst Park District, to bring you hiking insights, special programming and ideas each week.