As always, the health, safety, and well-being of the community is our priority, and the District continues to provide access to parks and facilities according to the State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan and the Governor’s Stay at Home Orders. Throughout the quarantine, District parks and trails remained open so that people could enjoy the mental and physical health benefits these spaces provide. During Phase 3 of the Plan, the District was able to reopen tennis courts and offer outdoor fitness classes at Courts Plus and Day Camp 2020.
As our region moves to Phase 4: Revitalization on Friday, June 26 under the Restore Illinois Plan, we are excited to announce a number of other openings throughout the District.
Friday, June 26
- Sand volleyball, roller hockey, and futsal courts will reopen.
- Basketball courts will begin to reopen on Friday, and staff anticipates that all hoops will be back up by Friday, July 3.
- Wilder Park Conservatory will reopen with restrictions such as one group in at a time.
- The Park District Administrative Office at 375 W. First St. will reopen.
Saturday, July 4
- The batting cages and miniature golf will reopen at The Hub along with limited concession items. To celebrate the reopening, both will be free on July 4th!
Other Phase 4 Updates
- Courts Plus is reopening its fitness floor to members beginning July 13, see more information here.
- Movie in the Park will be held on Friday, July 10 in Wilder Park with a showing of The Secret Life of Pets 2 in partnership with the Elmhurst Public Library. Due to capacity limits, reservations will be required. More details will be posted at epd.org and on the District’s Facebook page in the coming days.
- Picnic shelters will open and permit requests will be accepted for rentals up to 50 people. Groups above that size will not be considered based on Phase 4 guidelines.
Other items to note
- Playgrounds are open as of June 29, please see guidelines on signage at playgrounds or click here for more information.
- Water fountains will remain closed per the Governor’s Executive Order, however, staff will continue to await guidance on when they will reopen and communicate that to residents.
- Staff is awaiting guidance on the sprayground at The Hub and is hopeful to reopen later in Phase 4. Update: The Hub is open, visit its facilities page for details.
The Park District continues to review guidelines to determine the best way to safely serve the community while fulfilling our mission of Enriching lives while having fun! We look forward to seeing you once again at the courts, fields, playgrounds and programs.