Innovative programming to meet community needs
- Goal 1: Remain aware of and responsive to trends.
- Goal 2: Regularly engage the community to understand program needs.
- Goal 3: Provide sustainable, high quality and inclusive program offerings.
Tactic 1: Review and determine the future investment towards services suspended since the pandemic began (Completed 2022)
- Identified which pre-pandemic services and programs were still not being offered since the pandemic began (Winter 2022)
- Repurposed the Courts Plus Fit4Life Gym into a multi-purpose classroom allowing for expansion and relocation of early childhood and youth programming (previously at Wagner Community Center (WCC) addressing demand for these programs and deficiencies in current program space availability (Summer 2022)
- To discontinue previous program duplication and maximize available facility spaces, continued to consolidate and streamline program offerings such as summer day camps and martial arts programming (2022)
- Resumed swim lessons, special events and rentals at the outdoor pools (Summer 2022)
- Resumed adult programs (including day trips) suspended during the pandemic and expanded program opportunities for adults at Centennial Recreation Center (Summer and Fall 2022)
- Resumed personal training services at Courts Plus (Winter 2022)
- Will resume and expand special event opportunities for early childhood, youth and teens including Daddy/Daughter and Mother/Son special events in 2023 (with new more inclusive, gender neutral branding)
Tactic 2: Invest in services identified as financially sustainable and meeting community needs (Targeted Completion Date-June 2023)
- Added early childhood and youth gymnastics programs to time slots and space previously used for competitive gymnastics (due to a decline in enrollment for competitive teams) (2022)
- Added additional martial arts classes (Summer 2022)
- Increased group exercise class offerings at Courts Plus based on member demand and higher participation (up 80% as compared to 2021), including the addition of RPM, a popular Les Mills group cycling class (Winter 2022)
- Offered additional afternoon and evening programs for early childhood and youth dance, gymnastics, theater and general interest programs allowing for an increase in enrollment (Fall 2022)
- Based on public feedback, offering a five-day a week preschool option for 2023-24 school year
- Developing and expanding summer camp offerings to increase enrollment opportunities in 2023
- Expanding program offerings for early childhood age participants in the evenings and Saturday mornings in 2023
- Expanding drop-in Pickleball play and leagues at Courts Plus in 2023