Frequently Asked Questions
We regularly conduct maintenance updates to our online registration to maintain performance and ensure your security and privacy when doing business with us online. These updates are done after business hours and may require our online registration to be unavailable for scheduled periods of time.
The recommended browsers for online registration are a current version of Chrome or Safari.
For step by step instructions on how to register online please click here.
When selecting the shopping cart icon for your desired selection, it is put into a pre-cart. This is a shopping list and does not reserve items. Slots are reserved once the Add to Cart process is completed, waivers signed and payment has been received.
Registration is completed when the checkout process has been completed and payment has been received. You will receive an email with a receipt attached once your registration is completed.
The virtual waiting room helps manage high-volume registration events, ensuring that user volume does not exceed the website’s ability to provide a responsive registration experience.
On registration day, you will sign into the site as usual. Five minutes prior to registration, if user volume exceeds the software’s capability, a virtual waiting room will engage and all users logged in will enter a waiting room where you will receive your spot in line. You will keep your place in the waiting room line even if your phone goes to sleep, you lose your internet connection, or you close the virtual waiting room page, provided you log back in on the same device using the same browser.
Once it’s your turn to register you will be redirected to the registration site where you can browse the site and complete your transactions.
The virtual waiting room feature will only kick-in if user volume exceeds the software’s capability. Otherwise, users will simply enter the site as they normally would on registration days.
All program participants must be of the specified age by the first day of class unless otherwise noted.
R/NR means Resident/Non-Resident. A resident is one who pays Elmhurst Park District taxes. If you are unsure, please check your tax bill. Proof of residency will be required.
M/NM means Courts Plus Member/Non-Member.
Min/Max refers to the minimum and maximum number of participants allowed in a program.
Any check returned by the bank to the Elmhurst Park District for any reason will incur a $25 fee. Additional registrations will not be accepted until all outstanding balances have been cleared.
The Elmhurst Park District recognizes that there are residents living within District boundaries who are unable to participate in programs due to economic hardships. Applications for financial assistance may be picked up at the Wagner Community Center, at Courts Plus for Courts Plus memberships and programs or downloaded here.
The Elmhurst Park District is committed to providing the highest quality recreation activities, events, and programs. If a person is not completely satisfied with a Park District class, program, or activity due to circumstances under the Park District's control, the District will arrange for the person to repeat the class at no charge, receive credit toward another program, or receive a refund.
A full refund will be granted...
- If a participant is dissatisfied with a Park District class, program, or activity due to circumstances under the Park District's control. Refund requests must be made prior to the third class meeting or within two weeks of a single/double-meeting activity.
- If the refund is initiated by the Park District (i.e. cancelled class, low enrollment).
- For injury or illness with a doctor's note before the program begins.
Once a program has begun, only a prorated amount will be refunded. After a class is over, no refunds will be issued. Programs that require approval from the Program Manager to refund include Sunbeams & Rainbows, Rec Station, Gymnastics Team and Pre Team and Recital Dance Programs.
- Trips: Refunds for trips will be issued only if the seat can be resold or if the Park District cancels the trip.
- No refunds will be issued for Sugar Creek Golf Course greens fees, Courts Plus courts fees, joining fees or food/beverages.
Recreation Camps Refunds
- The deadline for camp withdrawals or changes is 9 a.m. on Monday the week before each session begins.
Courts Plus Camp Refunds
- The deadline for camp withdrawals or changes is 8 p.m. on the Thursday before each session begins.
All other refunds (unless otherwise noted)
- A full refund will be credited to a customer’s account if a request is received up to 48 hours prior to the start of a program. If the customer requests that the refund be issued to a credit card or as a check, a $5 service charge will be deducted from the refund.
- If a refund request is made less than 48 hours before a class and a class has not yet begun, a refund will be credited to a customer’s account minus one class prorated fee. If the customer requests that the refund be issued to a credit card or as a check, a $5 service charge will also be deducted from the refund.
- Once a program has begun, refunds will be credited to a customer’s account minus a prorated fee for the classes that have met. If the customer requests that the refund is issued to a credit card or as a check, a $5 service charge will also be deducted from the refund.
- After the midpoint of the program, no refund will be issued except for illness/injury, with proof of a doctor’s note.
If a customer account has no activity after one year from the date a refund was credited to the account, that refund will automatically be issued to a credit card or by check based on the original payment type minus a $5 service charge.
Refunds must be requested through email or in person (not available online).
The Elmhurst Park District is committed to promoting and encouraging positive interactions among participants with and without disabilities. Staff members are available to assist participants with accommodations needed for success in and enjoyment of our programs.
If you need inclusion assistance, please contact the Wagner Community Center at (630) 993-8901.
The Elmhurst Park District is also a member of the Gateway Special Recreation Association, which was formed through an intergovernmental agreement and serves as an extension of the Park Districts of Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Pleasant Dale, Westchester and York Center, and the Villages of Hinsdale and Willowbrook. Gateway SRA contracts the services of the Ray Graham Association for People with Disabilities, a non-profit agency, to provide recreation programs. For more information on inclusion and special needs programming, visit the Special Needs & Inclusion page.
Insurance coverage for injuries suffered while participating in programs or utilizing park facilities is not provided by the Elmhurst Park District.
Please complete a medication dispensing form prior to the start of program. Alert staff of allergies or medical dispensing forms when program begins.
Registration notifications and receipts sent from our registration system will come from elmhurstparkdistrict [at] rectrac.com. To avoid emails being marked as spam, add us to your contact list. This is a notification only address that cannot accept replies.
A resident is defined as an individual living at an address or a property owner within the Park District boundaries. If you are unsure, please check your tax bill. In order to receive resident rates, proof of residency must be provided by emailing Registration. Once verified, your account will be updated to resident.
Proof of residency must include one of the following:
- Utility bill for the household such as gas, electric, water or waste removal
- Lease or Home Bill of Sale with your name and address on it
- Tax bill with Elmhurst Park District listed
For more information, please contact the Wagner Community Center at (630) 993-8900.