You’ve told us a lot about your vision for the future so far, and we’re listening
- You’d like new places to play
- You want more community programming
- You want even better upkeep of parks and fields
We want to make it happen, however we have limited financial resources
- Our tax rate is one of the lowest compared to other DuPage County park districts
- In October 2019, a majority of registered voters did not support a referendum for the six proposed Vision 2020 large-scale projects that addressed the community’s vision of parks and recreation priorities (2019 Voter Survey data)
- Even with limited resources and aging facilities, we are addressing some of the identified priorities and continue to provide critical community benefits (e.g., environmental, social, health and wellness, educational, etc.) and contribute to Elmhurst’s quality of life
- With input from the community again, the Park District will redefine Vision 2020 Plan priorities in 2022-23 to create a new community-driven vision of parks and recreation for 2023 and beyond.
Vision 2020 Priorities
Meet community need for new and existing indoor recreation space.
Meet community need for parks, open space, and outdoor amenities.
Innovative programming to meet community needs.
Exceptional and consistent guest experience.
Sustainable revenue strategies and funding options.
Strengthen Organizational Culture.