Exceptional and consistent guest experience.
- Goal 1: Foster a customer-first environment.
- Goal 2: Address customer service needs.
Tactic 1: Refine and implement updates to "A" Game customer service model based on current operations (Completed-Summer 2021)
- Re-formed employee Customer Service Team (Spring 2021)
- Collected feedback from over 800 respondents to an online survey on the level of customer service they have received from Elmhurst Park District staff from March 2020 to April 2021 (Spring 2021)
- Based on feedback, the Team developed updated training on customer service protocols, including online communications (Spring and Summer 2021)
- Rolled-out new customer service training video and follow-up discussion questions to all current employees and added both to new employee required onboarding training (Summer 2021)
- 189 employees completed the training in 2021 (Summer and Fall 2021)
Tactic 2: Continue to engage community to determine park and recreation needs (Deferred until 2022)
- Postponed collecting community feedback to determine the next steps for addressing the Vision 2020 Plan priorities until the longer-term impacts of the pandemic are known (Spring 2020)
- Conducted online COVID-19 Community Readiness Survey to assess how the pandemic was impacting the community's use of parks and recreation facilities, programs, and services (1,449 respondents) and assit with current planning (Fall 2020)
- Due to the continued impacts of the pandemic, this tactic is delayed until 2022, including gathering feedback from the community (e.g., surveys, open houses, etc.) to update the District's long-range plans in 2022.