Sustainable revenue strategies and funding options
- Goal 1: Develop strategies to improve financial sustainability.
- Goal 2: Seek alternate sources of revenue.
Tactic 1: Continue communicating the District’s financial condition and future outlook
Targeted Completion Date-December 2023
- Compiled list of metrics for reporting on the District’s financial condition, future outlook, and benefits provided to the community along with potential methods for communicating data (Spring 2022)
- Began inventorying available data to begin reporting (or track in the future) and to develop a communications timeline (Spring 2022)
- Added messaging to relevant District news articles related to taking care of current assets to continue to tell our story (Spring and Summer 2022)
- Executive Director and Park Board President presented future outlook in the State of the Park District address available on epd.org (Fall 2022)
Tactic 2: Seek alternate revenue sources to fund Vision 2020 capital projects
Targeted Completion Date-December 2024
- District applied for and was awarded a State Open Space Lands Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) Grant for $340,300 to fund half of development cost ($680,600 total) at Pick Park (Spring 2023)